Digital Art Basics
The digital medium has been a paradigm shifter in the arts, with a whole plethora of new tools available for artists to explore.
There are a multitude of amazing tools for creating digital art, from your computer to virtual reality headsets. There are a plethora of softwares to choose from. But which one best fits your style and comfort level?
This workshop takes you through the key tools and techniques for creating mind-blowing digital art. Both using a digitizer as well as more conventionally with a mouse.
It touches on key image and vector tools like Photoshop and Illustrator, 3D modeling and VFX as well as newer and more exotic tools like virtual reality and game engines.
Duration: 8 hours
Design thinking is not restricted solely to designers - all great innovators across every professional field have practised it. What's special about design thinking is that it is a series of processes that can help us systematically extract, teach, learn and apply these human-centered techniques to solve problems creatively and innovatively.
It is an iterative process in which we seek to understand the user, challenge commonly held assumptions and redefine problems to identify alternative strategies and solutions that may not be immediately evident with our initial level of understanding.
This workshop helps you understand the five key tenets of design thinking. Namely,
1. Empathy - Understanding and empathising with the users whom you will be designing for.
2. Definition - Defining your user's needs, problems and potential solutions and insights.
3. Ideation - Coming up with creative approaches for innovative solutions.
4. Prototyping - Bringing those solutions to life.
5. Testing - Checking your design assertions and solutions with users and refining them even further for a perfect outcome.